THE AUTHORITIES OF THE FRENCH AIR AND SPACE FORCE ACADEMY
PRESENTATION OF THE VARIOUS BODIES OF THE ESTABLISHMENT
The French Air and Space Force Academy has five bodies, one decisionmaking and three advisories.
- Board of directors
The Board of Directors is the decision-making body of the institution. It defines the strategic orientations of the French Air and Space Force Academy, notably in terms of training, teaching and research, as well as international influence. It draws up the budget of the establishment as well as the draft multi-year contract with the government.
- Academic Council
The Academic Council helps to ensure the coherence and articulation between teaching and research policies.
It is composed of: the "Research" commission, which participates in the elaboration of the research, innovation and development policy of the French Air and Space Force Academy; and the «Academic Education" commission, which participates in the elaboration of the training offer.
- Officer Training Board
The Officer Training Board contributes to the overall coherence of aircrew training. It adopts the general orientations relating to the objectives and content of officer training.
- Strategic Guidance Committee
The Strategic Orientation Committee is an advisory body whose mission is to contribute to the definition of the Academic’s strategic orientations.
- Technical Committee
The technical committee is the local social dialogue body of the French Air and Space Force Academy. It is competent to examine questions or draft texts relating to :
- the organization and the functioning of service bodies
- forward-looking management of staff, jobs, or skills
- technological developments and changes in working methods and their impact on personnel.
- major orientations in terms of compensation policy and the related distribution criteria;
- training and development of skills and professional qualifications
- occupational integration
- professional equality, parity, and the fight against all forms of discrimination,
- health, safety and working conditions.